Mirtazapine Treatment of Anxiety in Children and Adolescents with Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Organization: Lurie Center/ Mass General Hospital
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): 10/2012-10/2013
- Contact person: Lurie Center Research
- Phone: 781-860-1711
- Email: LurieCenterResearch@partners.org
- Website: www.massgeneral.org/children/services/lurie-center/researc…
Does your child with an autism spectrum disorder have symptoms of anxiety?
The Massachusetts General Hospital for Children at the Lurie Center is currently recruiting for a new research study that will evaluate the effectiveness and safety of the drug mirtazapine for the treatment of anxiety in children and adolescents with autistic disorder, Asperger’s disorder or PDD NOS.
Participants must be:
- between the ages of 5 and 17 years old
- diagnosed with Autistic Disorder, Asperger’s Disorder or Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified
- have symptoms of anxiety
For more information, please contact Dr. McDougle’s research staff at: (781) 860-1711 Or LurieCenterResearch@partners.org