10 Ways You Can Use Patch in 2012
We've recently added, tweaked and changed a host of features, so even if you think you know...
It's a big year, this 2012.
No, not because there is a movie spelling the world's doom, or even what's sure to be a high-intensity presidential election.
It's a gigantic year because you can get involved and share all things Dedham like never before.
We have certainly grown and changed since we started back in May 2010. So even if you think you know how to use Patch like a pro, here are some more tips.
Here are 10 ways you can use Lexington Patch to stay informed - and more importantly, inform others.
- Add photos to our brand new Neighborhood Gallery. Have a great picture from an afternoon at a local playground or riding along theMinuteman Bikeway or maybe of your child's performance? Now you can share it with everyone else in town - and an easy spot for your family to find it.
- Follow every step of a story. Use our follow-up feature to know when we post a new story about a topic you're vested in. Just click on the "Keep Me Posted" button at the bottom of your desired article.
- Seamlessly tell neighbors about a great shopping or dining experience. Who better to trust with a review of a business than a neighbor? You can rate businesses - good or bad - by going to their Places page and sharing your thoughts.
- Share an opinion by commenting on stories. What you think matters, so tell the rest of us what is on your mind.
- Let us know about a great story. Did you attend a fantastic PTO event or an exciting game? Email us a write-up and a picture or two and we may post it on Lexington Patch.
- Want to share on a regular basis? Become an expert and a go-to source by becoming a Local Voices blogger. Let us know your idea and we'll set you up right away.
- Post announcements for free. The old days of paying a publication to publish a wedding announcement are history! Now you can tell the town when you get married, have a baby, graduate or make the honor roll.
- Know before you go. Wonder if traffic is backed up near Wilson Farm or 128/95? Or where you should fill the gas tank before you hit the road? Always check our Traffic & Gas tool before you get stuck in a jam.
- Give us a piece of your mind. Thank someone or let us know what you think of a topic by submitting a Letter to the Editor that we'll publish on the site.
- Get your news delivered every day. Sign up for our Patch Newsletter and wake up and have Lexington Patch in your email inbox with the latest, freshest news around.