Fire Incidents: April 25 to April 30
Smoking barrels and burnt popcorn were among the calls this week for the Lexington Fire Department.
Incident Reports by the Numbers
56 Total call for service
23 EMS calls excluding motor vehicle accidents
10 Malfunctioning or unintentional alarm activations
4 EMS calls with no duty/patient refusal
3 Medical EMS calls, MVA
2 Nonmedical public assistances
2 Well being checks
2 Motor vehicle accidents with basic life support
2 Mutual aid cover/standby
1 Public service assistance
1 Motor vehicle accident with no duty/no transport
1 Passenger vehicle fire
1 Brush brush/grass fire
1 Motor vehicle accident with no duty/transport
1 Prescribed fire
1 Smoke scare/odor
1 Wind storm/tornado/hurricane call
Fire Incident Reports
Wednesday, April 25
1:06 p.m. – Firefighters responded to Spring Street for an accidental alarm activation that occurred during refilling of the sprinkler system.
8:55 p.m. – Firefighters responded to a faulty alarm activation on Summit Road.
Thursday, April 26
8:15 a.m. – An alarm activation on Shire Way was possibly caused by earlier cooking in the area.
Friday, April 27
3:33 p.m. – A call came in reporting a tree down on a house on Marrett Road. Firefighters responded to the scene and found a large tree had damaged the roof and window, but the damage was structural and there were no hazards.
7:17 p.m. – Smoke from burnt popcorn set off an alarm at Emerson Gardens Road.
Saturday, April 28
3:31 p.m. – A cellular caller reported a tree smoldering of the bike path. Firefighters found the smoking tree and, according to the incident report, made the homeowner wet it down and told him not to burn.
8:24 p.m. – Firefighters responded to Route 128 and found a vehicle on fire in he breakdown lane.
Sunday, April 29
3:26 p.m. – Firefighters responded to Mass Ave for a report of a smoking barrel outside Bertuccis and found no obvious signs of fire, but a few bystanders who said they’d put water on the smoking planter previously.
8:19 p.m. – Firefighters responded to White Pine Lane after a report of an electrical odor in the building, which was determined to be caused by a burned out light bulb.
9:53 p.m. – A faulty carbon monoxide detector called companies to Kendall Road.