Fire Incidents: May 1 to May 7
Arcing, overheated appliances and false alarms were among the calls this past week for the Lexington Fire Department.
Incident Reports by the Numbers
120 Total calls for service
30 EMS calls excluding motor vehicle accidents
10 Unintentional alarm activations
2 Motor vehicle accidents with no duty/patient refusal
2 EMS calls with no duty/patient refusal
2 Reports of a downed powerline
2 Mutual aid covers
2 Mistaken reports of smoke
1 Gas leak
1 Chemical spill or leak
1 Carbon monoxide leak
1 Outside rubbish fire
1 Medical rescue following a motor vehicle accident
1 Patient assist without transport
1 Motor vehicle accident requiring basic life support
1 Electrical wiring/equipment issue
1 Call about heat from a short circuit
1 Arcing call
1 Dispatch cancelled while en route
1 Prescribed fire
1 Malicious false fire alarm at a municipal building
Fire Incident Reports
Tuesday, May 1
11:23 a.m. – Companies were called to Cooke Road for a report of arching, shorted electrical equipment, and found water entering an electrical panel, causing a short within it. NSTAR hurried to the scene, according to the incident report.
Wednesday, May 2
8:32 a.m. – Firefighters responded to a Bedford Street for a false alarm that activated due to a power outage.
1:29 p.m. – A good intent call reported black smoke coming from a chimney on Adams Street. It turned out to be coming from the fireplace.
1:48 p.m. – Companies were called to Holmes Road for a reported odor of burning and found an overheated motor in a refrigerator. The unit was unplugged and checked.
Friday, May 4
8:41 p.m. – Firefighters responded to Adams Street for a reported odor of burning and investigated a ballast in the basement.
5:56 a.m. – Firefighters responded to a reported carbon monoxide leak on Cliffe Avenue and found a faulty detector.