Five Summer Programs and Camps For Kids and Teens
A selection of summer programs and camps in the area.
Every Thursday Patch will run a weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
This week, we look ahead to the lazy days of summer when the weather is warm and the kids are out of school. Check out our picks for summer programs and camps for kids and teens.
Did we leave out your family's favorite? Share it with us in the comments section.
Patch Picks: Five Summer Camps and Programs
1. The Lexington Recreation Department has a variety of summer camps and sports clinics, plus chess, science, music and computer programs.
2. The ArtSpan Summer Arts Program at the Munroe Center for the Arts offers a different themed program each week, from robotics to backyard science, for kids ages 5 to 11. A counselor-in-training program is also available for ages 12 to 14.
3. Lexington Arts and Crafts Society offers a variety summer classes for kids, teens and adults. The society has 10 different guilds and a gallery.
4. Lexington Community Education's Summer LEXPLORATIONS offers 121 small-group classes covering a range of areas: academia, arts, athletics and more.
5. Concord Academy, for pre-school through teens, has offerings in outdoor sports, arts and ceramics, woodshop, dance, theater, squash, swimming, canoeing and more. Lunch is provided daily, and extended-day is available.