Five Things: Possible Activity at Hanscom
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Lexington.
1. Increased Activity Overhead: For those in the flight path, be warned that Hanscomcould be a little more active over then week or so. The Air Force Base andregional airport may host up to 10 U.S. Army Helicopters at the request of FEMA and NORTHCOM for possible post-Sandy support. In suppport of FEMA, they would be operating in and out of Hanscom for the next week to 12 days as needed.
2. Today In Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Lexington Special Education Parent Advisory Council at 9 a.m. at Cary Memorial Library; the Community Preservation Committee at 2 p.m. at Cary Hall; the Comission on Disability at 5:45 p.m. at the Town Office Building; the Historic District Commission at 5:45 p.m. at the Town Office Building; the Town Celebrations Committee at 7 p.m. at the DPW Building; the Community Center Task Force at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall and the Appropriation Committee at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall.
3. Social Host Law Community Forum: At 7 p.m. tonight at Jonas Clarke Middle School, the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office, Lexington Youth Services Council, Student Health Advisory Council, LPS Prevention Specialist and Julie Fenn from the PE & Wellness department, will discuss the results of last year's Youth Risk Behavior Survey, the Social Host Law and its implications for parents, as well as practical advice for parents to help prevent teen alcohol and drug use.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Calm But Cloudy: Should be a little cloudy today, with a high of 58, according to the National Weathe Service, which predicts more clouds overnight with a low of 40.