Five Things: A Soldier's Heart, Science at the Library and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Feb. 5 in Lexington.
1. War and the Soul: A Soldier's Heart--An Evening with Edward Tick: At 7 p.m. tonight at the Depot, Lexington Community Education will present an evening with Edward Tick, who developed the Soldier's Heart organization as a modern response to the outpouring of concern for our nation's veterans and the psychological wounds of war. Costs $10.
2. Science Cafe @ Cary Library with Special Guest Scientist, Dr. Vladimir Bulovic: Cary Memorial Library will host the third in its series of Science Café programs at 7 p.m. tonight, this one focusing on technologies now being developed which will provide transformational energy-efficient solutions for the future. Guest scientist Vladimir Bulović is a professor of electrical engineering at MIT, leading the Organic and Nanostructured Electronics Laboratory, and directing the Microsystems Technology Laboratories.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Capital Expenditures Committee at 8 a.m. and the Tourism Committee at 11:30 a.m. Both meetings are at the Town Office Building.
4. Do You Get Daily, Weekly and Breaking News in Your Inbox? If the answer to that question was "No," then you're missing out and need to click here, like right now, to sign up for the Patch Newsletter.
5. Clouds Today, Chance of Snow Tonight: Should be mostly cloudy today, with a high of 28, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a slight chance of snow overnight and a low around 21.