Five Things: Budget Summit and Marret Road Section Shut Down Again
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Lexington.
1. Budget Summit: At 7 p.m. tonight at the DPW Building, the Board of Selectmen, Capital Expenditures, Appropriation and School committees will hold their second budget collaboratin/financial summit, and the agenda includes fiscal 2014 revenue projections, policy issues, the impact of federal budget reductions, use of reserves and anticipated health insurance savings, Vistaprint TIF approvals and establishing a date for a third collaboration/summit.
Impact of Federal Budget Reductions
2. Marrett Road Closed Again Today: From Lincoln to Middle streets for sewer work. According to plans, it will be closed again tomorrow, Nov. 16. For a map of the detour and closed area, click on the PDF to your right.
3. Other Public Meetings: According to the town website, other public meetings posted for today include the Lexington Center Committee at 8 a.m. at the Town Office Building, the Clarke Middle School Council at 3:15 p.m. at the school, the Communications Advisory Committee at 6:30 p.m. at Cary Hall, the Diamond Middle School Council at 6:30 p.m. at the school, the Lexington Housing Partnership at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building, and the Bicycle Advisory Committee and Friends of Lexington Bikeways at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Another Chilly Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 47, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low of 31.