Five Things: Budget Summit, Soup Bowls for Hunger
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know Dec. 19 in Lexington.
1. Budget Summitt III: At 7 p.m. tonight at the DPW Building, the Board of Selectmen, Capital Expenditures, Appropriation and School committees will hold their third Budget Collaboration/Summit and the agenda includes revised fiscal 2014 revenue projections, a proposed FY14 revenue allocation model and establishing a date for the fourth summit.
2. Other Public Meetings: According to the town website, other public meetings posted for today include the Tourism Committee at 11:30 a.m.; the Community Preservation Committee at 6:30, with a public hearing at 7 p.m., the Recreation Committee at 7 p.m. and the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. All of them are at the Town Office Building.
3. Soup Bowls for Hunger: One-of-a-kind bowls created by members of the Lexington Arts and Crafts Society's teen pottery class and Ceramics Guild potters are currently on sale for $15 at nourish restaurant. Nourish will also contribute the cost of the soup, and all proceeds will to go to Lexington Food Pantry.
4. Do You Get Daily, Weekly and Breaking News in Your Inbox? If the answer to that question was "No," then you're missing out and need to click here, like right now, to sign up for the Patch Newsletter.
5. Looks Like a Windy One: Should be mostly sunny, with a high in the mid-40s and wind gusts of up to 28 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy and cool evening with a low of 29.