Five Things: Collecting Socks and Athletic Equipment for Charity
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Lexington.
1. Coaches Across Continents Soccer Equipment Donation Drive at Tricon Sports: In case you missed it the other day, Tricon Sports is accepting new and gently used soccer equipment to benefit the nonprofit Coaches Across Continents, which seeks to use sport educate athletes and leaders in Africa.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Greenways Corridor Committee's Across Lexington subcommittee at 4 p.m. at the Town Office Building, the Board of Cary Library Trustees at 5 p.m. at Cary Memorial Library, the AdHoc Cary Memorial Building Program Committee at 7 p.m. at Cary Hall, the Tourism Committee's Antony Working Group at 7 p.m. at Cary Hall and the Town Celebration Committee at 7 p.m. at Cary Hall.
3. Voter Registration Deadline: It's today. If you want to vote in the November elections and aren't already registered, today's the last day to do so, and here's how: Last Chance: Massachusetts Voter Registration Deadline is Oct. 17.
4. Sock Drive to Help the Homeless: Hancock United Church of Christ, located at 1912 Mass Ave. in Lexington, is holding a sock drive to benefit the homeless of Cambridge and Boston. They're asking that adult men's and women's clean white socks (size medium, large and extra large) be brought to donation boxes located in the front hall across from the church office. Donations will be collected between now and Nov. 4, when the socks will be distributed to needy men and women in Cambridge and Dorchester.
5. Cloud Cover: Increasing clouds today, with a high of 61, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more clouds overnight with a low of 48.