Five Things: First Night Festivities, a New Restaurant Celebrates New Year's
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Dec. 31 in Lexington.
1. First Night Festivities: Looking to formalize those last-minute plans for rining in the new year? We just so happen to have a refresher of Boston's First Night Festivities right here?
2. New Restaurant Hosts New Year's Celebration: Vine Brook Tavern, the new American eatery on Waltham Street, will offer its regular dinner menu from 5 to 6:30 p.m. tonight and then a 4-course pre-fixed from 7 to 9:30 p.m., with a champagne toast at midnight. Check out the restaurant's website for more information.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today.
4. Like Us On Facebook -- If It's the Last Thing You Do! Our push for 1,000 Facebook "Likes" by the close of 2012 has, quite obviously, fallen short. But we'll continue plugging away toward that goal, and you can help. All you have to do is head over to Lexington Patch on Facebook and click the little "Like" button.
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of about 33, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy evening with a low of 25.