Five Things: LEF Trivia Bee's Today
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Lexington.
1. LEF Trivia Bee: The 17th annual Lexington Education Foundation (LEF) Trivia Bee is at 7 p.m. tonight at Cary Hall. Admission is free and children are welcome (when accompanied by an adult) to cheer on their favorite teams of teachers, parents, LHS students and other Lexington community members.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Transportation Advisory Committee at 3 p.m. at Cary Hall, the Lexington Housing Authority at 6 p.m. at One Countryside Village, the Energy Conservation Committee at 6 p.m. at the DPW Building, the Board of Health at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building, the ad hoc Cary Memorial Program Committee at 7 p.m. at the DPW Building and the Recreation Committee at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
3. Lexington Field & Garden Club: At the Field and Garden Club's meeting at 9:30 this morning at the National Heritage Museum, Deborah Trickett, an award-winning container garden designer will demonstrate how to assemble exceptionally beautiful container gardens with interesting materials. The owner of The Captured Garden in Milton, Trickett is a frequent lecturer at the New England Spring Flower Show as well as at the Philadelphia International Flower show and teaches classes at the Arnold Arboretum.
4. 'Eat What You Grow' with Lexington Author Meg Muckenhoupt: At 7 p.m. tonight at Cary Memorial Library will present “Eat What You Grow: Massachusetts 1620-2012” featuring Lexington author, environmental writer and LexFarm co-founder Meg Muckenhoupt.
5. Sunny, But Cooler: Should be sunny today, with a high of 46, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with a low of 29.