Five Things: Lexington Laughter Club, Selectmen and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Jan. 7 in Lexington.
1. Lexington Laughter Club: "Laughter is a tremendously efficient way to express and release tension in a positive manner, and is proven to relieve stress, improve blood flow and digestion, and strengthen the immune system," according to the event descrption. Led by Zoe Perry-Wood, a certified laughter yoga leader, this laughter club meets at 6 p.m. today at First Parish in Lexington.
2. BOS Back in Action Tonight: The Board of Selectmen are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. tonight at the Town Office Building and its agenda includes an executive session discussion about a possible real estate purchase at 33 Marrett Road -- the Scottish Rite property that's home to the National Heritage Museum.
3. Other Public Meetings: According to the town webiste, other public meetings posted for today include the Maria Hastings Site Council at 7:45 a.m. at the elementary school, the Sidewalk Committee at 9 a.m. at the Town Office Building, the Transportation Advisory Committee at 2:30 p.m. at Cary Hall and the ad hoc Cary Memorial Building Program Committee at 6:30 p.m. at Cary Hall.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Clear Night: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 34, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear evening with a low around 20.