Five Things: Trivia Competition at LHS, Meetings and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Dec. 10 in Lexington.
1. LHS Trivia Competition: At 7 p.m. tonight at Lexington High, the LHS H.O.P.E. Club is hosting a trivia competition for students, with proceeds benefitting the Bring Me A Book Foundation, an organization that works to promote literacy throughout the US and abroad. Admission is $3 for students and $5 for everyone else.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Special Education Parents Advisory Council at 9 a.m. at Cary Library, the Transportation Advisory Committee at 2 p.m. at Cary Hall and the Lexington Council for the Arts at 7 p.m. at the Munroe Center for the Arts.
3. Fuel Assistance for Eligible Lexington Residents: The Fuel Assistance Program, a program that helps with the cost of heating your home, accepts new applications from Nov. 1 through April 30, 2013. Call the town of Lexington Senior Center/Human Services Department at 781-861-0194 to schedule an appointment and/or to inquire about the program.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Wet and Warm: Patchy fog early and probably showers are in the forecast today, along with a high of 60, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts clouds and more rain overnight, with a low of 41.