Five Things: William Diamond Jr. Open House, Selectmen and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know today in Lexington.
1. Fife & Drum Corps - New Member Open House: From 7 to 8 p.m. tonight at Hancock United Church of Christ, the William Diamond Jr. Fife and Drum Corps. Young people between ages 8 and 18 are welcome to join, and the experiences include learning to play the fife or drum, marking in parades and participating in unique events.
2. BOS Meeting: The Board of Selectmen are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. tonight at the Town Office Building, and its agenda includes voting the fiscal 2013 water/sewer rates, a Child Safety Zone presentation, an update on the Estabrook School budget and a review of fiscal 2014 capital projects.
3. Third Middlesex Candidates at LWV Forum: Lexington Democrat Mike Barrett and Sandi Martinez, a Chelmsford Republican, the candidates for the Third Middlesex state Senate seat, will be at the League of Women Voters of Sudbury's candidates night at the Goodnow Library, 21 Concord Road in Sudbury. Starts at 7:30 p.m., but there's a chance to meet the candidates at 7:15.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Concord Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Concord community. See you soon!
5. Windy, Warm and Maybe Rain: Should be mostly cloudy today, with a high of 72 and a chance of rain in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more possible showers overnight with a low of 52.