Five Things: Winter Band Festival I, Meetings and More
A quick look at what you need to see, do and know on Jan. 23 in Lexington.
1. All Town Winter Band Festival I: At 7:30 p.m. tonight at Lexington High School, the LHS Symphonic Band, Concert Band and Wind Ensemble will perform, along with Diamond Middle School, Estabrook, Hastings and Fiske elementary schools. Musical selections include works by composers John Williams, Michael Colgrass, and Gary Gilroy. Costs $5.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Tourism Committee's Antony Working Group at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building, the Town Celebrations Committee at 7 p.m. at the DPW Building, the Recreation Committee at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building, the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building and the Community Center Task Force at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall.
3. Fenway Park Winter Light Show: Still bummin' about the Patriots' season-ending loss to the Ravens? Get excited about the Red Sox season by checking out a “Fenway Park Winter Light Show," which you can see any day of the week at the conclusion of the 4, 5 and 6 p.m. park tours. Costs $15. Oh, and, P.S., pitchers and catchers report Feb. 10.
4. Businesses, Claim Your Listings: Are you a Lexington business looking to amp up your profile in the community? Follow these easy steps laid out in this video to walk local business owners through claiming a business listing on Patch, and you'll be able to check stats on ratings, respond to reviews, edit and add info and manage photos and other media.
5. Brrrr: Should be mostly sunny today, but cold, with a high of just 16, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low of 1.