Five Things You Need to Know About Hurricane Sandy on Oct 30 in Lexington
No school, late openings and more bad weather.
1. School's Closed: For the second straight day, the Lexington Public Schools will be closed due to Hurricane Sandy.
2. Town Services: The town offices will open no earlier than noontime, while Cary Memorial Library, the Senior Center and the Lexpress transportation service will be closed, as well, according to Town Manager Carl Valente.
3. Picking Up Trash and Roads: Trash and recycling can be put out after 8 a.m. this morning, as collection will be delayed one day, as on a holiday week. Meanwhile, work crews are expected to clear clear downed trees and utility polls thoughout the day.
4. Give 'Em Shelter? If a shelter/comfort station is opened on Tuesday, it will be located at Lexington High School, according to the town website.
5. And Your Daily Forecast: More showers are in the forecast for today, although the wind will be less severe as temperatures climb to 68, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more possible showers and wind overnight and a low of 54.