1. Arbor Day Celebration at Hastings Park: The annual celebration will be at 11 a.m. at Hastings Park. Participants include a selectman, the Lexington Minute Men and the Jeweltones. Matt Foti has donated a Maackia amurensis tree to commemorate this day, and Lexington Field & Garden Club members will share remembrances of Club members who have recently passed away and will present their family members with white spruce seedlings.
2. Lexington Hosts Chinese Delegation: The Town of Lexington will be hosting a Chinese delegation from the Shanghai Zhangjiang Group on from 3:30 to 5 p.m. this afternoon. The visit will include a tour to the Shire campus and presentations from professional in the Massachusetts real estate industry, as the town’s Economic Development Department, in collaboration the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center and Mass BIO, will present an overview of bio and high-tech development in Lexington and the Route 128 region.
3. Today in High School Sports: A full slate of after-school athletic action today for Lexington High, including boys varsity tennis vs. Reading Memorial High School at 3:30 p.m., girls varsity tennis at 3:30 p.m. at Reading; boys varsity and JV baseball, and girls varsity and JV softball at 3:45 p.m. at Winchester High; boys freshmen baseball vs Winchester at 3:45 p.m.; girls freshmen lacrosse vs. Andover High at 4 p.m., boys JV volleyball at 4 p.m. at Greater Lowell Tech High School and boys varsity volleyball at 5:15 p.m. at Greater Lowell Tech.
4. Patch Academy's Coming Up: If you haven't already, take a peek at Lexington Community Education's spring catalog. Offerings include a six-week seminiar on Walt Whitman, a culinary tour of H-Mart, an introduction to improv comedy and even a Patch Academy. Take a look by clicking here.
5. Sun and Wind: Should be mostly sunny today but breezy, with a high of 57 and a west wind between 17 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear and cold night, with a low of 29.