Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 21
Summer concerts, public health at the farmers market and more today in Lexington.
1. Bicentennial Band's Last Concert of the Summer: The Lexington Bicentennial Band, under the direction of Jeffrey P. Leonard and Alfred W. Dentino, began its outdoor concert series on Tuesday June 26, and continued every Tuesday evening throughout the summer, up through its final concert today, Aug. 21. These free concerts are held at 7:15 p.m. at the bandstand Hastings Park, at the corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Worthen Road.
2. Health Fair at the Farmers Market: Kicking off the Lexington Health Communitites Project, the Lexington Health Division will hold a Healthy Communities Fair at the Lexington Farmer's Market from 2 to 4 p.m. today. The fair will feature a community survey, art project, and free blood pressure screenings
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the ad hoc Facilities Committee at 8 a.m. at the DPW Building and the Conservation Commission at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
4. Businesses, Claim Your Listings: Are you a Lexington business looking to amp up your profile in the community? Follow these easy steps laid out by Natick Patch editor Justin Saglio, who created this terrific video to walk local business owners through claiming a business listing on Patch, and you'll be able to check stats on ratings, respond to reviews, edit and add info and manage photos and other media.
5. Showers Maybe: Should be mostly sunny with a high of 84 and isolated showers possible after 11 a.m., according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly cloudy evening with a low of 58.