Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 22
Citizens Academy signups, scavenger hunting and more today in Lexington.
1. Lexington Citizens' Acadmey Coming Up: The fourth annual Lexington Citizens’ Academy will begin in mid-September. The 10-session Academy is specifically designed to familiarize citizens with the departments and services of Town government. Sessions will be held mainly on Tuesday evenings from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. For further information, or to register, please contact Michelle Stevens in the Town Manager’s Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone at (781) 862-0500 x 209.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today.
3. Scavengers Celebrating Lexington's 300th: As part of the celebrations for Lexington's 300th anniversary, a townwide scavenger hunt began in July, with local families trekking all over town following weekly clues were released on Lexington’s 300th Anniversary website. Now that all 10 clues are all posted, Lexingtonians are encouraged to get hunting! Stations will remain open until Sept. 21, giving families who may have traveled for the summer a chance to join in the hunt. Booklets are available at the Town Clerk's Office at the Town Hall for a suggested donation of $1. To find all the clues, check out the 300th committee website.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Sunny But Cooler: Should be mostly sunny today with a high of 82, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cooler evening, with a low of 59.