Five Things You Need to Know Today: Aug. 8
A dinnertime talk about eating what you grow, Summer Fun Fest redux, meetings and more today in Lexington.
1. Eat What You Grow: Nourish restaurant is hosting a dinner with local author, environmental writer, and LexFarm co-founder Meg Muckenhoupt, who'll speak about "Eating What You Grow 1620-2012." Dinner's at 6:30 p.m. this evening and costs $40, with a portion of the proceeds supporting LexFarm's educational programs. Make reservation here.
2. Summer Fun Fest Makeup Date: Lexington's 4th annual Summer Fun Fest, which was rained out last week, will be held from 6 to 8:30 p.m. this evening at the Center Recreation Complex. Attractions include a DJ leading field games and activities, police and fire vehicles on display, a free public swim in the town pool from 7 p.m. on, and more.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Lexington Center Committee at 8:30 a.m. at the Town Office Building and the Lexington Housing Authority at 6 p.m. at the LHA headquarters at One Countryside Village.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Sunny and Warm: Patchy fog early should giveway to a mostly sunny day with a high of about 87, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low of 68.