1. Holiday Festival Night: Lexington Center will be live with holiday spirit from 4 to 9:30 p.m. tonight as the Chamber of Commerce presents its annual Festival Night. Highlights include strolling carolers, Santa, the tree lighting, Lexington Symphony Holiday Pops shows, goings on at Cary Memorial Library and dinner deals, sales and raffles at participating locations along Mass Ave.
2. Still Clearing Storm Debris? Today's the final day with extended weekday hours at the Hartwell Avenue Compost Facility, which is open and accepting storm debris from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The Compost facility will remain open on a regular schedule weekdays, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. until Friday, Dec. 23. Also, this is the last week for curbside yard waste pickup.
3. First Friday Forum: The League of Women Voters First Friday Forum this mornning attempts to answer "What's Up in Downtown Lexington" with presentations on proposed Lexington Center zoning changes and plans for the Dana Home, items that may come before annual Town Meeting this spring. The forum begins at 9:15 a.m. at Cary Memorial Library.
4. Happy Open Art Studio: Tami Rodig's biannual Happy Open Art Studio begins today with openings from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Check out the artist's studio on Myrna Road and create gift tags to hang on holiday gifts.
5. Cloudy and Colder: Looks like increasing clouds and decreasing temperatores today as highs hit only 49, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts an overnight clearing with a low of 27.