Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 30
Busa Land at the BOS, a paint and pour business looking at Lexington, plus three other things you need to know today.
1. Busa Back at the BOS: Among the agenda items tonight for the Board of Selectmen include "Busa Land Use Delineation" and policy questions regarding the Cmmunity Farming Draft RFP. The open session portion of the meeting begins at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
2. Paint and Sip Concept: Another item on the selectmen's agenda is a concept for a liquor license at a "Paint and Sip Establishment." For an idea of what that might mean, there's a business called the "Paint 'n Pour" in Maynard Center.
3. Waldo's Still on the Lam in Lexington: Throughout the month of July, the Elephant's Trunk Bookshop is hosting a month-long scavanger hunt for the red-striped Waldo hidding in 20 local businesses. Waldo spotters will be eligible for prizes, and the event will culuminate tommorrow, July 31, with a grand ceremony held at the Elephant's Trunk.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Showers in the Forecast: Isolated showers and thunderstorms are again in the forecast, as highs get up only into the mid- to high-70s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more precipitation possible overnight with a low of 63.