Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 18
BRAC at the BOS, a one-woman play at Lexington Venue, meetings and more today in Lexington.
1. BRAC at the BOS: Among other items on the agenda for the Board of Selectmen's meeting at 7 p.m. this evening at the Town Office Building, the board is expecting to hear about base relocation and closure process as it relates to Hanscom Air Force Base.
2. stigMAAAA!!! One Woman Show: At 7 p.m. tonight at Lexington Venue, Nancy Parker, a New York City playwright, actress and mother of a daughter struggling with serious mental illness, will perform a "reading" of her riveting full length play that unravels the twisted journey taken by mother and daughter as they travel through the confusion, disappointments and struggles of coping and learning to live life.
3. Other Public Meetings: In addition to the Board of Selectmen, other public meetings posted for today on the town website include the Lexington 300th Committee at 9 a.m. at Cary Hall and the Tourism Committee at 4 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
4. Regional Transportation Survey: Lexington's looking into improving local and regional public transportaiton services. The survey on its website aims to gather information and suggestions for improving transit options around town.
5. Another Nice One: Possible patchy fog early should give way to a mostly sunny day with a high in the mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with an overnight low of 59.