Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 20
Fire Department Study findings, the start of summer and more today in Lexington.
1. QDoba Ribbon Cutting: Qdoba, which opened last Monday, June 11, will have its formal grand-opening, complete with “ribbon-cutting” photo, on from 6 to 8 p.m. at 46 Bedford Street.
2. Fire Department Study Findings: The Board of Selectmen is meeting at the unusual hour of 11 a.m. this morning at the Town Office Building to receive and hear the report from Municipal Resources Inc. (MRI) regarding the Fire Department Organizational and Staffing Study findings.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, additional public meetings posted for today include the Board of Registrars at 11 a.m. at the Town Office Building; the Recreation Committee at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building and the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
4. Summer Starts Tonight: The summer solstice -- the official start to the season -- is at 7:09 p.m. tonight, according to Almanac.com. And that's fitting, since today is going to be ...
5. HOT HOT HOT: Should be mostly sunny and hot today, with a high of 97 and a heat index as high as 100, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a still-warm evening with a low of 72.