Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 21
Multi-generational gatherings, public meetings, a poignant video and more today in Lexington.
1. Multi-Generational Meet-up: LexFUN! will visit Youville Place Assisted Living Residences at 10 a.m. this morning so families with young children can connect with Youville residents and enjoy some craft activities.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include: The Trustees of Cary Library at 5 p.m. at Cary Memorial Library; the Recreation Committee's Lincoln Park Subcommittee at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building; the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Buliding and the Appropriation Committee at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall.
3. Remember Matty Langone? Watch This Video: The Gorilla Dunk Daily blog posted this video of Matty Langone with his grandfother, former LHS hoops coach Bob Farias. Matty died in September 2009 after losing his battle with neuroblastoma. The video is helping to raise money for the Friends for Matty and the groups upcoming Stump Trivia fundraiser, which will be held May 19 at St. Michael's Parish in Bedford. You can purchase tickets here.
4. Carleton-Willard At Home Info Session: A short ride over the town line in Bedford, there's an information session on Carleton-Willard At Home, a not-for-profit membership service gives seniors many of the benefits of a retirement community, without moving out of the home they love. The info session begins at 11 a.m. at Carleton-Willard Village, located at 109 Old Billerica Road, Bedford.
5. That's Hot: Patchy fog early and then a mostly sunny day with highs getting up to 80, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with a low around 53.