1. Conkey Court Case: Craig Conkey, the man accused in the previously unsolved 1992 murder of Kathleen Dempsey, has a status hearing scheduled for 2 p.m. today in Middlesex Superior Court. The defendant is not expected to actually appear in court, according to a spokesperson for the Middlesex District Attorney's office.
2. Japanese Tea Bowls and the Japanese Tea Ceremony: The Lexington Arts and Crafts Society Ceramics Guild this weekend presents Steve Murphy, a potter/sculptor, and a program on Japanese Tea Bowls and the Japanese Tea Ceremony. There's a powerpoint and lecture from 7 to 8:30 p.m. this evening and demonstrations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow. Cost is $75 for LACS members and $95 for nonmembers.
3. All That Jazz: Jazz Nite 3 takes over Lexington High School at 7:30 p.m. tonight. The Mingus High School Competition and Festival winning Jazz Combo, the Jazz Septet and students in the Seminar for Jazz Improvisation will play in this evening’s program, which features the music of Thelonius Monk.
4. Don't Forget: Annual Town Meeting convenes at 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 26 at Cary Hall. The warrant includes the town and school budgets, Community Preservation Act projects, a new Town Seal and zoning proposals that would allow significant changes in Lexington Center and the redevelopment of the Dana Home as a hotel and restaurant. If you want to weigh in on these or other issues, a list of Town Meeting Members can be found here.
5. Another Sunny Day: Clouds early clear to a mostly sunny day as temperatures climb to 74, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a partly cloudy evening with a low getting down to 39.