Five Things You Need to Know Today: March 5
Lt. Gov. tours Hanscom, the Board of Selectmen could decide on Busa Land uses, the William Diamond Jr. Fife and Drum Corps seeking new members and more today in Lexington.
1. Lt. Gov's in Town Today: Lt. Gov. Timothy Murray will continues his tour of Massachusetts’ military bases by visiting Hanscom Air Force Base today, March 5. Members of the newly created the Military Asset and Security Strategy Task Force will join the tour of Hanscom, which will be followed by a roundtable discussion focused on promoting and protecting Hanscom and all Massachusetts military bases. That talk takes place at MIT Lincoln Labs in Lexington.
2. Busa Land Back Before the BOS: The Board of Selectmen will meet at 7 p.m. this evening at Cary Hall and its agenda includes a decision on the use of the Busa Farms property. However, due to the elections tomorrow, the meeting will have to adjourn by 9 p.m., officials said over the weekend.
3. Fife and Drum Open House for New Members: The William Diamond Jr. Fife and Drum Corps invites youths, ages 8-18, and their families to an informational open house for new members. The open house begins at 7 p.m. at Hancock United Church of Christ.
4. Annual Town Elections and Presidential Primaries Tomorrow: Lexington's annual Town Elections will be held tomorrow, in conjunction with the Presidential Primaries. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and information about polling locations can be found here. For specimen ballots, click here. For information about reprecincting, click here.
5. Sunny and Chilly Today: Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 34, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly clear evening with an overnight low of 13.