Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 7
Wright Farm, Inn at Hastings Park back before the Board of Selectmen, a Community Task Force survey now online, a Wild and Edible Walk and more today in Lexington.
1. Wright Farm/Inn at Hastings Park Back at the BOS: The Board of Selectmen is meeting at 7 p.m. tonight at the Town Office Building and its agenda includes a discussion of and motion on a Wright Farm Letter of Intent, approval of wineries for the Lexingotn Farmers Market and a Memorandum of Understanding for the Inn at Hastings Park.
2. Community Center Task Force Survey: It's now online and available through June 30.
3. Wild and Edible Walk: Expert forage Russ Cohen will lead a Wild and Edible Walk pointing out and educating about at least 18 of the tastiest wild plant species in our midst before a lunch at nourish restaurant in Lexington. From 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., call 781-674-2400 or 508-641-0878 for more details.
4. Turtle Island: The Story of America with Robert Gerzon and Christine Gerzon: In this wide-ranging exploration of the lost world of Turtle Island and its surprising relevance for our lives today, the presenters will share how the study and practice of indigenous consciousness has changed their own lives. This Lexington Community Education presentation will be held tonight at 7 p.m. at Lexington High School. To register, using a MasterCard or VISA, contact LCE at 781-862-8043.
5. Warming Up Again: Should be sunny today, with a high of 69, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a chance of showers in the evening with a low of 49.