Lexington Artists to be Featured at Historic New England's Fine Arts and Crafts Festival
The festival, featuring more than 100 artisans, will be held at the Codman Estate on Saturday, Sept. 8.
Two Lexington artists, Sue Schneps of Sea and Star Design and Susan Rioff of Rustica, will be among the more than 100 artisans at Historic New England’s 30th Annual Fine Arts and Crafts Festival at the Codman Estate, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. tomorrow, Sept. 8.
The arts and crafts festival in Lincoln is a juried show featuring the work of artisans from all over New England. Items for sale include jewelry, pottery, furniture and toys, glass, photography, knitted sweaters and throws, metalwork, children’s clothing, folk carvings, and much more. There is also live entertainment, children’s crafts and activities, and food concessions.
According to a promotional press release, the festival offers "something for everyone," including:
- More than one hundred artisans throughout the grounds
- A magic show with Joy the Magical Clown
- Live music throughout the day by Fourteen Strings and The Nays
- Arts and crafts projects for the children, like making hats and masks
- Bring a picnic or grab a bite to eat from one of our food vendors
- Take a tour of the c. 1740 Codman family home
- The Italian garden with a reflecting pool filled with water lilies
Admission is $5 and free to Historic New England members and children under 12. The event is rain or shine. For information, call 617-994-5100, ext. 5514. To reach the Codman Estate, take Route 2 to Route 126 South. Pass Walden Pond, and turn left onto Codman Road. Parking is at the first driveway on the left.