State Sen. Hopeful MIke Barrett Announces 'Educate the Candidate' Tour
Lexington Democrat Mike Barrett, a candidate for the Third Middlesex State Senate seat long held by retiring Sen. Susan Fargo, D-Lincoln, plans to hold open-air office hours in each of the district's towns.
The following was provided by Lexington Democrat Mike Barrett's campaign for State Senate.
Mike Barrett, a Lexington Democrat running for the the Third Middlesex State Senate seat, is holding “Educate the Candidate” meetings throughout the district in July and August. Endorsed by U.S. Rep. Barney Frank, former state Sen. Carol Amick and state Rep. Jay Kaufman, D-Lexington – and informed by 17 years each in the private and public sectors – Barrett emphasizes environmental protection, education, healthcare, human services and the economy.
“Educate the Candidate” is a set of open-air office hours in which voters meet Mike and mention a priority on which they’d like their legislator to concentrate. Barrett’s web site, www.BarrettForStateSenate.org, has more information.
The times, dates and locations are as follows:
- Carlisle: Saturday, July 7, 9 to 10 am. Carlisle Farmers Market, Kimball Farm, 343 Bedford Road
- Bedford: Saturday, July 7, 10:30-11:30 am. Outside Whole Foods Market, 170 Great Road
- Concord: Saturday, July 14, 9 to 10 a.m. Outside Crosby’s Market, 211 Sudbury Road
- Lexington: Tuesday, July 17, 4 to 5 p.m. Lexington Farmers Market, Woburn Street and Mass Ave
- Lincoln: Saturday, July 21, 9 to 10 a.m. Lincoln Farmers Market, Lincoln Station
- Sudbury: Saturday, July 28, 9 to 10 a.m. Sudbury Farmers Market, Wayside Inn
- Waltham: Saturday, Aug. 4, 9 to 10 a.m. Outside Hannaford Market, 55 Russell St
- Weston: Saturday, Aug. 11, 9 to 10 a.m. Outside Bruegger’s, 31 Center St
- Chelmsford: Saturday, Aug. 18, 9 to 10 a.m. Outside Rosie’s Diner, 27 Vinyl St