The 10 Most Popular Lexington Patch Posts of 2012
A special education scandal, politics, prostitutes, personal tragedy and an apocalypse that wasn’t: A look back at the year that was in Lexington.
It’s almost impossible to be objective when considering the biggest stories of any given year. An issue of the utmost importance to one person or group may matter not at all to another segment of the population. And so, as we look back onthe year at the year that was in Lexington, we're leaving the deciding up to you – or to UVs, to be more precise.
What you’ll find below are the top Lexington Patch posts in terms of pageviews, which is to say these are most widely read stories, polls, updates and photos galleries from 2012.
What you won’t find in the list below is our coverage of the Busa Land and its farming future, the redevelopment of the Dana Home as the Inn at Hastings Park, Hurricane Sandy or the start of Lexington’s tercentennial celebration.
In fact, among those incidents and issues, only our Hurricane Sandy Info Center cracked the Top 30 from a pageview perspective. Meanwhile, the Bill Lichtenstein-led seclusion room saga grabbed three spots in the Top 10 -- and five more from 11 through 30.
Along with the special education scandal, politics, prostitutes, personal tragedy and an apocalypse that wasn’t were among the most widely read Lexington Patch posts in 2012.
Editor's Note: The stats used to compile this list were accurate through 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 28. At that time, we expanded the list to 11 because the No. 11 post is follow-up on No. 10 and fell just 3 pageviews shy of the Top 10.
The Top 11 Lexington Patch Posts of 2012:
- LPS Superintendent Statement Challenges NYT OpEd Alleging Mistreatment of Special Needs Student
- LPS Officials Will Respond to NY Times OpEd Alleging 'Terrifying' Treatment of Special Needs Student
- Apocalypse Now? Officials Say the World Won't End Dec. 21
- Lichtenstein Explains 'Seclusion Room' OpEd, Allegations Against LPS
- Alleged Massage Parlor Prostitutes Arrested After Undercover Investigation
- Lexington Resident and Bank of America Exec Killed in Skiing Accident
- Lexington Pics & Clips
- POLL: Obama-Romney Presidential Debate: Who Won?
- PHOTOS: Two-Alarm Fire at Vaille and Augustus
- UPDATE: Officials say Family in I-95 Car Crash from Lexington
- How You Can Help the Lexington Family Involved in Last Weekend’s Crash