First impressions are important when meeting people, and they are just as important when it comes to your home. An impressive curb appeal will intrigue people to want to see what's inside.
Enhancing curb appeal doesn't have to be time consuming or expensive. In fact, vast improvements to your home can be done in just a day or two, and they are a great way to express your personality!
• Start by giving your mailbox a makeover: Mailboxes are often overlooked, but they are a great way to compliment your home and express your own personality. Paint or stain the mailbox you have, or spend the money on a new one.
• Spruce up the front door: Drawing attention to the front door is a great way to enhance curb appeal. This can be done in ways as simple as painting the door, polishing the doorknob, adding a decorative wreath, or adding a contrasting molding to the door to make the color pop.
• Illuminate: Adding low-voltage outdoor lighting not only provides safety, but also curb appeal by creating a serene nighttime ambiance.
• Repair cracks in driveway/walkway: A walkway makes the home feel warm and inviting. Getting rid of cracks is an easy way to improve the overall feel. Apply a colored concrete resurfacer to an old walkway to add classic beauty.
• Groom often: Mow the lawn, get rid of weeds, rake the leaves, and trim any trees that are touching the house to give your home a freshly manicured look.
• Create a garden: Gardens make a home feel welcoming and colorful. Adding fresh flowers, stone, and mulch can help to restore color that has been taken from sunlight or inclement weather.
• Maintain: Periodic maintenance is a sure way to keep your home looking fresh. By painting the house, siding, and trim before it chips or fades, your house will always look its best!
Adding personality and maintaining the upkeep of your house is a sure and easy way to create curb appeal. If you follow these tips, you will not only feel better about your home, but will notice others admiring it as well!