Invite a friend
Early Education Night
LexFUN! (Lexington’s Five and Under Network) will host its annual Early Education Open House (formerly known as Nursery School Night) at Cary Hall on Thursday, October 18, 7-9 p.m. The Early Education Open House, one of the organization’s best-attended annual functions, allows parents to meet with representatives from a variety of local pre-school and childcare facilities to find a good fit for their child. School directors and teachers will answer questions about their programs and application/enrollment procedures. The night is a must for parents interested in sending their child to pre-school or a childcare center in the 2013-2014 school year.
Some of the typical questions that parents discuss with school representatives include:
• What does a typical school day schedule look like?
• Are snacks provided during the school day? How are food allergies handled?
• What opportunities do parents have to be involved in the classroom?
• What are policies about toilet training?
• Do children have opportunities to develop gross motor and fine motor skills?
• How are conflicts handled in the classroom?
This event is free and will take place at Cary Hall, located at 1605 Massachusetts Avenue near the post office. Proceeds from this event will benefit the LexFUN! Scholarship Fund. For more information, please contact Kate Finnegan at 301-785-1447 firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About Cary Memorial Building
Named for Isaac Harris Cary, the Cary Memorial Building is located in Lexington Center between the town office building and the police station. The building is available for use by historic, educational, cultural or charitable groups and organizations. Within the building is Cary Hall, including a stage and auditorium with 780 seats and Estabrook Hall, with a small recital state and large lobby. Meeting rooms can be reserved by calling the number provided.
Other events here
- Lexington Symphony’s Concert in the Round Sat, Jun 8, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm