Invite a friend
Everybody Matters: An Evening with Mary Robinson
- "Mary Robinson has not only shone a light on human suffering, but illuminated a better future for our world." — President Barack Obama, on awarding her the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- One of the most inspiring women of our age, Mary Robinson has spent her life in pursuit of a fairer world, becoming a powerful and influential voice for human rights around the globe. Robinson reveals, in Everybody Matters, what lies behind the vision, strength, and determination that made her path to prominence as compelling as any of her achievements. Born in 1944 into a deeply Catholic family—the only girl among five children she was poised to become a nun before finding her own true voice. Ever since, she has challenged convention in pursuit of fairness. She shocked the political system by winning election as Ireland's first woman president in l990. Her role as UN high commissioner for human rights, beginning in 1997, was to prove an even bigger challenge. She won acclaim for bringing attention to victims worldwide but was often frustrated both by the bureaucracy and by the willingness to compromise on principle. Now back in Ireland and heading her Mary Robinson Foundation—Climate Justice, she has found the independence she needs to work effectively on behalf of the millions of poor around the world most affected by climate change. Told with the same calm conviction and modest pride that has guided her life, Everybody Matters will inspire anyone who reads it with the belief that each of us can, in our own way, help to change the world for the better.
- This event is co-sponsored by Lexington Community Education, Back Pages Books, and the Brandeis University Heller School Program in Coexistence and Conflict Studies.
- Pre-registration, using a VISA or MasterCard, is strongly recommended by contacting Lexington Community Education at 781 862 8043.
|Where||Lexington High School 251 Waltham St, Lexington, MA 02421|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:30 pm|
|Phone||781 862 8043|
More About Lexington High School
Serving a student body of nearly 2,000, Lexington High School is housed on a sprawling modern campus at the intersection of Waltham Street and Worthen Road.
Natalie K. Cohen serves as the school's principal.
Other events here
- Suggest Items for the Lexington Time Capsule Daily,
- LHS Football Cheerleading Tryouts!!! Daily,
- Stop Motion Animation Class Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:15 pm–5:45 pm
- Video Game Design Class Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- LHS Landscaping - Plant Sale and Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am
- LHS Football Cheerleading Tryouts!!! Tue, Jun 4, 2:45 pm–4:15 pm
- Lexington Community Education presents: A Snapshot of Spain Thu, Jun 6, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm