Invite a friend
Lexington Community Education presents: Rescuing Our Economy, Climate & Democracy: An Evening with Green Party Candidate Jill Stein
- As we face unprecedented converging crises in our economy, environment, human rights and the quest for peace, a grassroots movement for democracy and justice is rising up across the country that is unparalleled in our time. Decades of bipartisan collaboration have produced a spectrum of policy disasters that the political establishment has proven incapable of fixing. Dr. Stein will discuss one blueprint for survival, an emergency Green New Deal, that ends unemployment while greening the economy. She’ will discuss the neccessary democratic reforms and address the accelerating time frame of climate catastrophe, which now threatens potentially lethal consequences. All of which compels the courageous social movements that are rising up around us, leading the charge to take back our democracy, and the peaceful, just green future we deserve.
Pre-registration, using a MasterCard or VISA, is strongly recommended by contacting Lexington Community Education at 781 862 8043.
|Where||Lexington Depot 13 Depot Sq, Lexington, MA 02420|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:30 pm|
|Phone||781 862 8043|
More About Lexington Depot
The Lexington Depot was built in 1847 and was recently renovated. It is operated by the Lexington Historical Society. It used to be the train station for the line that ran to and from Boston. The path of the line itself is now the Minuteman Bikeway. The Depot is not open to the public, but can be rented for private functions of up to 100 people. Contact the society for more information. There is also a town-operated parking lot located behind the building, which can be used for event parking.
Other events here
- Relinquished Treasures Sale Tomorrow, May 25, 9:00 am–2:00 pm
- Lexington Community Education presents: Together Tea: An Evening with Lexington Author Marjan Kamali Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Lexington Community Education presents An Evening of Poetry with Li-Young Lee Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Lexington Community Education presents: Presidents and Foreign Policy: An Evening with Joseph S. Nye Wed, Jun 12, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm