Invite a friend
Town Elections - Candidates Night February 14
The League of Women Voters of Lexington will present a Candidates Night on Thursday, February 14, in the Science Lecture Hall at Lexington High School. An annual event presented by the League to encourage greater participation in Town elections, this is an opportunity for candidates to present their positions on the issues and to listen to their constituents’ concerns.
In the first part of the evening, candidates for Town Meeting will gather in assigned classrooms to meet and exchange ideas with voters from their own precincts. In the second part, the audience will meet in the school auditorium to hear the views of people seeking Town-wide elective office, after which a League moderator will preside over a question and answer period. The evening will be informative and provide a lively forum for discussion of topics that will be voted upon at Town Meeting.
Doors will open at 7:00 p.m. and precinct meetings will start at 7:30. The meeting with Town-wide candidates is scheduled from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. There is no admission charge and the public is encouraged to attend. For further information, call the League of Women Voters at 781-862-6435.
More About Lexington High School
Serving a student body of nearly 2,000, Lexington High School is housed on a sprawling modern campus at the intersection of Waltham Street and Worthen Road.
Natalie K. Cohen serves as the school's principal.
Other events here
- Suggest Items for the Lexington Time Capsule Daily,
- LHS Football Cheerleading Tryouts!!! Daily,
- Stop Motion Animation Class Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:15 pm–5:45 pm
- Video Game Design Class Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- LHS Landscaping - Plant Sale and Garden Tour Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am
- LHS Football Cheerleading Tryouts!!! Tue, Jun 4, 2:45 pm–4:15 pm
- Lexington Community Education presents: A Snapshot of Spain Thu, Jun 6, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm