I’m Richard Hosford and I am your new Lexington Patch editor.I will be taking over Lexington Patch from editor Patrick Ball. Ball is moving to a new role with Patch. Any questions or if you just want to say "hi" email me at Richard.Hosford@patch.com.
Instead of a dull, dry introductory post, I will share some boring and less boring (hopefully) facts about myself.
1) I am a life-long Massachusetts resident and was born in Attleboro and grew up in Warren until high school and then East Brookfield until college.
2) I volunteered in the U.S. Peace Corps in a small village in the altiplano of Bolivia from 2005 to 2007.
3) I had an opportunity to visit Syria and Egypt during a student trip while in graduate school in 2009. I found the people of both countries to be very warm and welcoming and it breaks my heart to see the current violence in both those nations.
4) Before coming to Patch in 2010 (when I launched the Burlington site as the first local editor) I worked for Stone Bridge Press based in Southbridge. I've covered the towns of Auburn and Sturbridge in Massachusetts and towns in northern Connecticut.
5) While in Bolivia I once saw a man and woman on a motorcycle with a sheep propped up between them. The animal was riding the bike like a human. It was the most poignant "I wish I had my camera ready" moment I've ever had.