The following was provided by the Town Celebrations Committee.
The Lexington Town Celebrations Committee announces that it is once again sponsoring an essay contest in honor of Veterans' Day.
The Committee is inviting students, Grades 6-12, who reside or attend school in Lexington, to submit an essay online in response to one of three questions posted on the Town Celebrations Committee website.
- Essay questions and information are located on the Town Celebrations Committee Web Site at: http://www.egovlink.com/lexington/action.asp?actionid=16550
- All essays are to be submitted online thru the above web site.
- Essays should be limited to 400 words and must be original work.
- A panel of judges will review all of the submissions and select:
- One winner at the Middle School level (grades 6-8)
- One winner at the High School level (grades 9-12)
- All essays submitted will become part of the permanent collection at Cary Memorial Library.
Winners will be contacted by the Town Celebrations Committee and will:
- Receive a cash prize.
- March as honored guests in the Veterans' Day Parade at 10:00 am on November 12, 2012.
- Read their winning essays at the Veterans' Day Ceremony on November 12, 2012 at 11:00 am in Cary Hall.
- Have their essays published in the Lexington Minuteman, Colonial Times, and Lexington Patch.
Deadline for on-line entries is: Midnight, October 23, 2012.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Town Celebrations Committee at: 781-862-0500 x708 or by email: email@example.com.