Need to start Christmas morning with a cup of coffee, grab a meal or pick up a few essentials for the day? No worries -- not all of Lexington shuts down for the holiday.
A few restaurants, at least one coffee shop and two local pharmacies/conveniences stores will be open Sunday, Dec. 25 to provide a meal, miscellaneous items or the caffine jolt you need to get over the river and through the woods -- or whatever else you've got planned for the day.
Here's a few spots that will be open for business next Sunday. We're sure there are more, so if you know of one, please add it in the comment section below.
1. , the Italian restaurant at 20 Waltham St., is open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. and is no accepting reservations for Christmas dinner. If you're interested, Buca staff recommends you make the call soon, because they fill up quick for holiday meals.
2. will open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. And it might be busy, since Lexington Center spots , and are all closed for the holiday.
3. , the Chinese restaurant in Depot Square, will open -- although possibly a little later than ususal, for its traditional Sunday dim sum buffet. Normal Sunday hours are 11:30 a.m. to 9:15 p.m.
4. , located at 60 Bedford St., will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
5. Ruyi Restaurant, a Waltham Street that restaurant serves lunch, dinner and brunch, and offers a Hibachi grill, Chinese and Japanese cuisine and sushi, will be open from noontime to 10 p.m. on Christmas Day.
6. CVS Pharmacy, at 1735 Massachusetts Ave., will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.