1. Assessors Meeting This Morning: The Board of Assessors is meeting at 8:45 a.m. this morning at the Town Office Building and its agenda includes reviewing fiscal 2012 statutory exemptions and real estate abatements.
2. : There'll be art, bikes and coffee this evening at in Lexington Center as the shop opens a photography exhibit featuring local photog and bike builder, Matt O'Keefe, who'll be displaying a set of machine prints.
3. : On Monday, we're debuting a new feature called "Best of Patch," in which we'll be asking you, our readers, to vote for the local business that makes the best sandwich, does the best car repairs, has the best atmosphere on St. Patrick's Day -- you get the idea. So keep an eye out for that and come prepared with your votes, comment and ideas.
4. On This Day in History: In 1836, 3,000 Mexicans attacked 182 Texans at the Alamo, starting a battle that lasted 13 days; in 1868, the United States' first parade with floats was held to celebrate Mardi Gras in Mobile, Ala.; in 1917, the Red Sox sold Smokey Joe Wood, a 26-year-old pitcher, to Cleveland for $15,000; in 1977, President Carter announced U.S. foreign aid would consider human rights and, in 2008, Fidel Castro resigned as President of Cuba (his brother, Raul, was unanimously elected).
5. Snow, Really? A wintry mix of rain and snow this morning should become all rain by late morning as temperatures climb to 42, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more rain is likely until midnight and possibly snow after that as temps drop to 31.