1. Center Focus for Business Breakfast Forum: New proposals for rezoning and the Center Streetscape redesign are the subjects of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce's Business Breakfast Forum, scheduled for 8 to 9:30 a.m. this morning at the . Presenters include Planning Director Maryann McCall-Taylor and Howard Levin and Pamela Shadley from the Lexington Center Committee. (For the full details, check out the PDF posted to your right.)
2. Dana Home Proposal Hits the Planning Board: The Lexington Planning Board will hold a public hearing on a proposed zoning change that would allow the Dana Home and abutting property to be redeveloped as a hotel and restaurant.The hearing, which will be held at 7:30 p.m. in the Clarke Middle School auditorium, will review the proposed zoning article before it heads to annual Town Meeting.
3. Book Drive to Benefit Cotting School: The Lexington Youth Commission is sponsoring a gently used book drive to benefit the Cotting School. Drop boxes are found at Arlex Oil 275 Mass Ave and the Five Forks Shell at 286 Lincoln St., through March 15.
4. Yes, It's a Leap Year: We get a Feb. 29 just about every four years, according to modern Gregorian Calendars. It's a measure taken to keep our calendar aligned with the Earth's orbit around the sun, which takes about 365 and 1/5 days. Check back on Patch later for more Leap Year factoids and a poll.
5. Snow's in the Forecast: Expect snow, mainly after 2 p.m. with a daytime high of 36 and a calm wind, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts more snow overnight, .