1. Budget Summit: The first joint meeting of the Board of Selectmen and School, Appropriation and Capital Expenditures committees is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. tonight at the DPW Building and the agenda includes a fiscal 2014 budget/financial discussion, an overview of the town's financial condition, a revenue and expenditures forecast for FY14-FY16 and a talk of policy issues related to the fiscal 2014 budget, among other items.
2. Minuteman Bikeway Questionnaire: A review of the Minuteman Bikeway is underway and local cyclists are invited to weigh in with opinions about things like crossings, signage and trailside amenities by completing this two-page, online questionnaire.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, other public meetings posted for today include the Council on Aging at 3 p.m. at the Senior Center, the Board of Cary Library Trustees at 5 p.m. at the library, the Commission on Disability at 5:45 p.m. at Cary Hall and the Town Celebrations Committee at 7 p.m. at Cary Hall.
4. Have You Met Bedford-MA Patch? Lexington Patch's new neighbor launched last Thursday and has really hit the ground running with coverage of Lt. Gov. Tim Murray's latest visit of Hanscom AFB and Bedford's involvment in the Middlesex 3 partnership. Check it out at bedford-ma.patch.com.
5. Rain and Clouds: Isolated showers and clouds are in the forecast for today, with a high in the mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts scattered showers and more clouds overnight, with a low of 60.