1. Cary Memorial Library Launches Science Cafe Series: At 7 p.m. this evening, Cary Library will host Dr. Angela Belcher as the special guest scientist for the 'kickoff' of the Science Cafe series, which brings local scientists face-to-face with the general public, for a lively and interactive scientific discussion, in a casual setting.
2. The Cuban Missile Crisis: 50 Year Anniversary: Also at 7 p.m. tonight, Lexington Community Education will present "The Cuban Missile Crisis: 50 Year Anniversary," a program in which former Kennedy Administration official and Lexington resident Dan Fenn, along with Tom Putnam, the current Kennedy Library Director, will recount how the crisis unfolded using unique archival video and audio (including excerpts from secretly recorded tapes) to bring these events to life. It's at the Depot and costs $10; pre-registration is strongly recommended. Call LCE at 781-862-8043 to register using a MasterCard or VISA. Full details at www.lexingtoncommunityed.org.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Harrington School Council at 7:30 a.m. at the school, the Capital Expenditures Committee at 8 a.m. at the Town Office Building, the Appropriation Committee at 7:30 p.m. at Cary Hall and the Human Services Committee at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Sunny Day, Cloudy Night: Should be a mostly sunny day with a high of 64, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly cloudy evening with a low of 42.