1. It's Columbus Day: Here's your breakdown of what's open and what's closed.
2. What It's All About: Columbus Day remembers Italian explorer Christopher Columbus’ long journey across the Atlantic Ocean to the “New World," which he completed in 1492.
3. Plan Ahead of Tomorrow's Road Closure: Per the Engineering Division, Adams Street will be closed tomorrow, Oct 9 (weather permitting) due to paving. This map shows portion of the that will be closed. The communication advises residents to expect long delays and detours and seek an alternate route if possible. Head over to the 2012 DPW Construction Projects webpage for more information.
4. Have You Met Our New Neighbor? Bedford-MA Patch hit the ground running with its launch in September. You can turn to bedford-ma.patch.com for news about your neighbors and the latest on what's going on along Great Road.
5. Nice Fall Day: Should be mostly sunny today with a high of 59, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a chilly and clear evening with a low of 38.