1. Adams Street Paving: The DPW plans to close a portion of Adams Street for a paving project today, after . The Engineering Division is encouraging motorists to expect delays and seek an alternate route if possible.
2. Spooky Hayrides: With the harvest nearly done for the season the folks at Wilson Farm noticed lots of unusual activity in the fields. It seems a giant has taken up farming, a monster is rumored to be eating whole tractors, and they even thought we saw a UFO crash the other day. Don't believe it? Head over to the farm on Pleasant Street between 3 and 4:45 p.m. to hop on a tractor and see for yourself.
3. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, there are no public meetings posted for today. However, the School Committee is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning at Clarke Middle School, and its agenda includes an Estabrook Building Project Update.
4. Veterans' Day Essay Contest: The Town Celebrations Committee has opened its annual Veterans' Day Essay Contest, which seeks submissions from students in grades 6-12, and asks writers to honor and raise awareness about our veterans with a contest for which submissions are accepted through Oct. 23. For more details, click here.
5. Clouds, Wind and Maybe Even Rain: Increasing clouds and a chance of showers are in the forecast, with a high of 53 and wind gusts of up to 29 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear evening with areas of frost and a low of 29.