1. Transportation Options for Seniors in Lexington: At 2 p.m. today at Youville Place and the Human Services Department staff are hosting an informative presentation describing the various types of transportation services available in Lexington for older adults. The new Lex-Connect taxi voucher program will be discussed and any and all transportation-related questions are welcome. RSVP: email@example.com or call 781-761-1335.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Board of Selectmen at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building, the Lexington High School Council at 7 p.m. at the high school, the ad hoc Cary Memorial Building Program Committee at 7 p.m. at the Town Office Building and the Lexington Council for the Arts at 7 p.m. at Cary Library.
3. Fuel Assistance for Eligible Lexington Residents: The Fuel Assistance Program, a program that helps with the cost of heating your home, accepts new applications from Nov. 1 through April 30, 2013. Call the town of Lexington Senior Center/Human Services Department at 781-861-0194 to schedule an appointment and/or to inquire about the program.
4. Like Us on Facebook: For even more information and engagement, like Lexington Patch on Facebook. Over there, we'll be asking questions, looking for feedback and continuing the conversation with the Lexington community. See you soon!
5. Showers, and Warmth: Possible showers are in the forecast early, as highs climb to 56, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a mostly cloudy evening and a low of 29.