1. Mass Ave Paving Planned: Weather permitting, crews are scheduled to pave the stretch of Massachusetts Avenue from the Route 128 bridge to Worthen Road, requiring a roadway closure for the full day, beginning at 7 a.m. The town hopes to complete the paving today, before moving on to Lincoln Street (from Worthen to Lincoln Field) and other road resurfacing projects, according to the town website.
2. BOS Back in Action: In its only meeting this month, the Board of Selectmen meets at 7 p.m. tonight at Cary Hall and its agenda includes a liquor hearing for a new business on Waltham Street and the next steps in the community farm RFP for the Busa Land, among other items.
3. Back to School: Today's the first day back for teachers in the Lexington Public Schools. Students start the 2012-2013 school year tomorrow. Still getting ready to start the new year? Check out our Back to School Guide.
4. Other Meetings Today: According to the town website, other public meetings posted for today include the Retirement Board at 8 a.m. at Cary Memorial Library and the Community Center Task Force at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
5. Let's Talk About the Weather: Patchy fog early should clear to a mostly sunny day with a high of 83, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a cloudy, and possibly foggy, night with a low of 65.