1. Road Paving Today: Resurfacing work is scheduled for today on Lincoln Street between Lincoln Field and Worthen Road, and Audubon Road, Hastings Road, Frances Road, a small portion of Winthrop Street. Those roads will be closed from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. today for the work that was originally scheduled for yesterday, Aug. 28, but was rained out due to morning showers.
2. Auditions for The Master Singers of Lexington: The Master Singers of Lexington, a group that's been making music here for nearly 45 years, begins auditions for teh 2012-2013 season today at . Rehearsals are on Wednesday nights and the 2012-2013 season includes music of Mendelssohn, Schubert, Mozart, Pergolesi, Fine, Rorem, and Brahms, as well a premiere by local composer Thomas Stumpf. Auditions include vocalizing, performing a prepared piece, and sight-reading. For an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. First Full Day of School: That's right. The teachers went back on Monday, students started out on Tuesday, but today, Aug. 29, is the first full day of the 2012-2013 school year for the Lexington Public Schools.
4. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Ad Hoc Cary Memorial Building Program Committee at 6:30 p.m. at Cary Memorial Building and the Planning Board at 7:30 p.m., also at Cary Hall.
5. Starting to Feel Like Fall? Should be mostly sunny today, with a high of 75, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts a clear evening with a low of 52.