1. : There's still time to get out the lights and holly and decorate your house for a chance to win $100,000 for the Lexington Public Schools in Patch's Deck the House contest. We're looking for the most decked-out house in all of Patchland and you have until Dec. 26 to nominate your home by uploading a photo to the contest entry form on the site. Then, from Dec. 30 to Jan. 8 to vote for the winner.
2. Today in Public Meetings: According to the town website, public meetings posted for today include the Board of Assessors at 10:30 a.m. at the ; the at 3:30 p.m. at the school and the Greenway Corridor Committee Task Group at 4 p.m. at the Town Office Building.
3. Kids Still Want to See Santa? Santa Claus is making two local appearances today. The BMOR will be at the Woburn Mall from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (photo prices start at $14) and at the Burlington Mall from 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (photo prices vary).
4. Winter Solstice: At 12:30 a.m. this morning, the North Pole tilted 23.5 degrees away from the sun, marking the official start of winter and the longest night/shortest day of the year. Which sounds fitting, because...
5. Could We See a Snowy Night? Should be sunny and warm today, with a high of about 50, according to the National Weather Service, which predicts rain, and possibly snow -- yes, snow -- overnight as temperatures drop down to 33.